Landscape environments must provide both aesthetic satisfaction and functional value in residential and commercial settings. As landscape designers, contractors or gardening enthusiasts, you must make decisions that provide effective solutions in creating desirable outdoor living environments.
Learn about historical influences on modern landscape design, and the design process. Understand design elements and principles. Enhance your understanding of management principles for operating a successful landscape business. Explore the physical properties and uses of landscape construction material and discover how to incorporate computer technology in creating successful designs.
The following courses can be taken individually or as part of the certificate program in any order:
Certificate Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the certificate you will be able to:
- Make effective use of practical and applied design strategies to determine and offer meaningful solutions to landscape design problems
- Interpret historical influences on the landscape, and translate such influences to improve the design of current landscapes
- Produce landscape drawings that clearly and concisely communicate and interpret project intentions for client and contractor
- Recommend best materials and building techniques to be used in the construction of specific landscape features
- Identify and choose plant materials that will have a desired impact on the landscape
- Develop a business plan with the financial knowledge and skills to launch and maintain a landscape business